Current Job Openings
For consideration for the positions listed below, please send in your resume to
TITLE Post Propagation Grower
REPORTS TO: Technical Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
The Post Propagation Grower is responsible for ensuring Productivity, Quality and Efficiency of the Post Propagation Department through effective use of people, equipment and knowledge. Monitor plant quality in the post propagation greenhouse. Manage cultural practices in post propagation. Participate in development, implementation, improvement and maintenance of Quality Control practices and standards. Assist in the scheduling, supervision and development of staff to include cross-training of staff and performance evaluations.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Post Propagation/Acclimation
- Manage post propagation cultural procedures by providing plant knowledge and education.
- Develop, fine tune, and implement fertility, fungicidal and insect management programs within post propagation greenhouse, treating this area for its uniqueness to the nursery.
- Developing visual SOPs for post propagation. including sanitation and environmental management.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Collect data including timing, yields and other info for current and future analysis.
- Optimize transfer and growth of propagated material while it is in acclimation greenhouse.
- Coordinate receipt and transfer of plant material between acclimation and other departments.
- Track and rate crews, providing guidance, correction and discipline as needed.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate responsibilities with peers and other team members.
- Rootstock Management
1. Oversee the culture and quality of the rootstock plants up to grafting.
- Supervise and train crew on proper sorting with an emphasis on uniformity and quality control.
3. Report on any issues of plant health as noted.
4. Develop visual SOPs for rootstock quality management.
OTHER DUTIES: Other Duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Horticulture and propagation experience required.
- General knowledge of nursery operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy or horticulture required.
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with general direction and oversight; ability to self-direct.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTY: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is at nursery where work may be inside or outdoors and subject to extreme hot and cold weather conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. Is subject to lifting over 30 pounds.